Tuesday, August 11, 2015
Not only it will alleviate your wrist pain when trying to do planks but also push up like exercises that you had been wanting to take to the next level.
Click here and Enjoy!!
Monday, July 20, 2015
Alright, with 4th of July weekend behind us you may be trying to sort out what or how to triage the kids’ camps and daily activities. Here's an Active Summer Fit Bucket List for the family that would not only help you spend quality time with the kids but also keep them off electronics. Let's get your kids moving.
Let’s get your kids moving and lessen their blue screen electronic time by leading by example with an active lifestyle without going to the gym. Your kids will be proud of you! These are some easy ways to spend time with your family without spending more money on summer camps--perfect for weekends!
Get your own copy of the Fit Bucket List by entering your info BELOW THE HEADLINE FOR THE FB PAGE AND LINKEDIN.
Family Summer Fit Bucket List:
1. Water balloon fight or tag: traditional 1v1 or kids vs. parents. Try using colored balloons to add a theme.
2. Steal The Water Balloon/Bacon: Traditional Steal The Bacon but kid 1/parent vs. kid 2/parent.
3. Musical Fit Ball: Using an inflatable beach ball or balance ball write an exercise and reps on each colored panel. Then begin Musical Ball game like you would musical chairs. When the music stops the person with the ball shouts what exercise the colored panel his or her right thumb is on.
4. Newspaper Relay: Make 2 teams or more. Then mark Start and Turnaround Mark line. Using a newspaper sheet for each team begin the relay. Be sure to place prizes (sorbet, treats, Amazon gift cards, or other items your kids might be surprised to get or rarely treat themselves to) for the funniest, slowest, most cheerful one. We like using a newspaper for each.
5. Clipboard Basketball: using a regular office clipboard, laundry basket or bucket, and ping pong balls. Partner up. One partner ties the clipboard around their waist using a strong piece of string or ribbon. The other partner is the shooter trying to bounce the balls off the clipboard into the basket. Get creative (fastest to, farthest to, eyes closed or 1-legged). And of course have fun prize.
Thursday, July 9, 2015
Family Summer Fit Bucket List- Discover How To Enjoy Summertime with The Family While Keeping them All Active
There is nothing like trying to keep the weight off after spending all winter working on it. But better yet, there's something about leading by example. And the Family Summer Bucket List below will give you a head start with 5 simple and fun ways to get your family active and fit.
Enjoy and be sure to share your thoughts and comments after you give a few of this ideas a try.
In Healthy Spirits,
J.Carlos Valdes, LPTA/CPT and Lead Trainer
at J.Carlos Fitlab
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
With the summer weather off to a great start check these great and practical tips on how to prevent skin cancer this summer.
Thursday, June 18, 2015
HOW TO GET RID OF THE EXTRA WEIGHT AFTER THE AGE OF 50?- YOUR PERSONAL ROADMAP TO GET IT DONE.
- Carbs- Eat only as a fuel. That means, if you are going to have a long busy trip to the beach or round of golf, then carbs are in.
- Protein- I call this the healing food. Given that protein supports most of the membranes and soft tissues in your body, I consider protein a key component as we age and our bodies need “rejuvenation”.
- Fat- Oh the good ‘ol fat. I call this “The Needed Evil of nutrition”. You see, you need fat to metabolize other nutrients but not that much. So keep it minimal and as needed.
- Water- By now you know the importance of water so I will not go into details. But one thing about water-- nothing does the body as good as fresh clean water. So suck it up and sip up or else you will end up sucking in your gut.
- Professional Career
- Physical Being
- Circle of Influence
In Healthy Spirits,
J.Carlos Valdes, LPTA/CPT
Lead Trainer at TTN Fitness
2004 Personal Trainer of the Year.
Sunday, June 7, 2015
What Clients are they typically successful with?
Created By J.Carlos Valdes, LPTA/CPT